For those of you who are lucky enough to be celebrating Valentine’s Day with your special someone or those who don’t and who are just happy enough to be celebrating themselves, we have compiled a list of ideas of what we (the team at Zenkei) would consider worthwhile doing in Mauritius at this time of the year.
Let’s start with the Number 1 idea if you’re the fashion forward, glamourous type. Obviously, that would be offering your loved ones or treating yourself to an amazing, high quality piece of jewelry from Zenkei. Zenkei (Inconceivable Joy) blends all natural semi-precious stones and pure silver (999- 925 fine silver), all eco-friendly and completely handcrafted to reflect the rich heritage of the world’s most unique regions.
With your Zenkei jewelry already sorted, let’s think about other romantic or not so romantic (if your special someone is more of the adventurous type) ways of spending a great Valentine’s day. Here’s the list:
1. If you’re not the materialistic type, we would suggest (as we do live on an island) a romantic getaway to the beach and picnic boxes (specially prepared by you) of wine and cheese and other goodies (whatever tickles your fancy) and maybe a boat trip to Ile Aux Benitiers islands/Ile Aux Bernaches/Ile Aux Cerfs which all boast sandy beaches and clear blue Mauritius waters. A nice little “pirogue” to get you there will keep the rustic exotic feel unless you’re one of those lucky people with a boat.
2. If you’re concerned about sunburns and would prefer avoiding the great outdoors, you could opt for sunset time and pack up some candles (hoping the wind is not too heavy) and head to the south of the island where the best sunset spots surely are.
3. For the adventurous souls out there, more “physical” activities are plenty on the island. Scuba Diving in the North where the marine arena is quite impressive, Sky Diving, Slack-lining, Zip-lining or just renting two bicycles and heading to the numerous hills and mountains with amazing flora and fauna for you to relax as well as steer away from the burning heat. The upside of being physically active with your partner is somehow like “team building” and strengthens bonds!
4. For those souls out there with a day job (considering Valentine’s day is on a Friday), we suggest hitting up some good restaurants near the coast after work, excellent for summer nights. If it happens that those places play live music, you shall be in for a romantic night out with your partner.
5. With the sudden surge of Eco-lodges recently, another great Valentine’s idea if you have a little more to splurge, is to plan a weekend to one of these places which combine both adventure and romance. Eco-lodges have natural surroundings, offer great outdoor activities during the day, beautiful dinners at night-time and have a “chalet” like feel to them that will surely take you away from the hustle and bustle of hectic everyday life. Plus you get to breathe the freshest air with all the trees around and no pollution.
6. Last but not least, the concept of Valentine’s day is to celebrate love in all its forms so the best idea by far is to be creative and show your loved one you care. At the end of the day, it’s all about caring on an everyday basis and we believe that love needs to be shown everyday, in the simplest of ways.
From the team at Zenkei, we wish you a Happy Valentine’s day and do leave us a comment as we are always happy to hear from you.
For more information, message Zenkei on Facebook (www.facebook.com/zenkei) or go to our Contact Us tab and scroll to the bottom to fill out our Contact Form. Alternatively, you can also email us directly at email@example.com.